In summer, Chicago lives outdoors, which is a good thing in coronavirus times, since the big festivals are canceled and the biggest attractions closed.
Here's what you can do in Chicago this summer.
- Bicycle along Lake Michigan on the 18-mile Lakefront Trail.
- Take a cruise on the lake or the Chicago River.
- Go on a Chicago Architecture Center walking tour.
- Go on a kayak tour or rent a kayak.
- Have dinner or a drink on one of many patios and rooftops.
- Visit one of many colorful neighborhoods.
For accommodations in all price ranges, see Where to stay in Chicago.